JOIN THE VHSG VOLUNTEER BUILD TEAM!
Do you want new live classes? Without our volunteer families, we cannot offer new course offerings.
The Admin Team needs to be focused on closing down our old site to minimize costs this year, so NEW course builds will depend on YOU.
In order to keep Admin Team sanity, the Build Team portion of these builds MUST be completed by March 31, 2022 to run in the 2022-23 school year. That allows time for the Admin Team to finish the needed work behind the scenes to finalize the course builds.
Admin Team NEEDS to claim back our summers for family time, and the past few years have been extremely challenging. It is not healthy for our group or our Admin Team to have burnout. The early build deadline will help us manage this.
BUILD TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES IN INDIVIDUAL COURSE BUILDS:
- Create transcripts for teacher slides
- Place transcripts into customized slide templates for classes
- Find graphics we can use to make the slides more interesting
- Find videos, create games and other resources we can use to supplement the class
- Do data entry to create the homework and tests for the course page
ALL of these steps must be completed for each course by March 31, 2022 if classes are to run next year. Step up NOW if you would like to see the courses run. Classes can take 6-9 months to build, depending on how many work on them. After Build Team completes these tasks, there is still typically 4-8 weeks of higher level work to do, thus the March 31 deadline to keep our volunteer Admin Team sane ;)
We currently have the FIRST step up for the following courses. The FIRST step has a completion deadline of JANUARY 31, 2022 in order to allow the remaining parts of the course to be finished by March 31. We will not put up the following steps until the first project is complete. That will allow us to focus where we have the most interest and the most chance of completing it.
DEADLINE OF DECEMBER 15, 2021 IF COURSE IS TO RUN SPRING SEMESTER 2022 (Ready now)
- Notgrass Economics (Have a willing teacher and want to run spring semester 2022, but will ONLY run if slides are finished by December 15, 2021) - Current project can be done even without books.
DEADLINE OF JANUARY 31, 2022 FOR FIRST TRANSCRIPT BUILD PROJECT - MUST BE FINISHED TO ALLOW REST OF COURSE TO BE BUILT IN TIME TO BE CONSIDERED FOR 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR (Ready now)
NOTE: COURSES WILL BE WORKED ON IN THE ORDER THAT THE FIRST TRANSCRIPT PROJECT IS FINISHED. DO NOT PROCRASTINATE HELPING IF YOU WANT TO SEE A COURSE OR IT MAY BE DELAYED FOR ANOTHER YEAR. ADMIN TEAM CAN ONLY COORDINATE SO MUCH, AND WE MAY NEED TO LIMIT TO A COUPLE FINISHED COURSES THIS YEAR. WE LIST THESE TO GIVE YOU CHOICES. YOU DIRECT WHAT GETS DONE.
- All American History 1 - Grades 5-12 - Need books
- Mystery of History 2 - Grades 4-12 - Need books
- Notgrass Our 50 States - Grades 1-4 - Need books
- Notgrass Our Star-Spangled Story - Grades 1-4 - Need books
- Notgrass America The Beautiful - Grades 5-8 - Need books
- Notgrass From Adam To Us - Grades 5-8 - Need books
- Notgrass Exploring America - Grades 9-12 - Need books
DEADLINE OF MARCH 31, 2022 FOR REMAINING HOMEWORK BUILD AND SLIDE CREATION - MUST MEET DEADLINE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR 2022-23 SCHOOL YEAR (Tutorials Coming Soon . . .)
- Mystery of History 1 - Grades 4-12 - Need books
All courses need the CURRENT EDITIONS of the books. They cannot be built with older editions. These are the same books your students would be required to have if they take the course after it is built. Affiliate links to purchase the books needed and give credit to VHSG are available in the Join Build Team Course. Those links will also help you get the correct editions if you purchase them elsewhere.
Full tutorials are in place. Experienced builders and admin are on the Build Team forum to answer any questions you may have. Most projects are very simple data entry.
Please join us to work on some exciting new courses for our kids!
Please enroll in the Join Build Team Course for details to join the Build Team. These projects can only run after they are built, and we need your help.